Friday, November 14, 2008

Is it Possible to Have a Week Full of Mondays?

Here is why I can not write anything, witty, clever, or thoughtful today:

1. I am hosting a "dog party" for my seven year old at 4:00. I have done NOTHING to prepare yet. Don't worry. I'll be ready by 4:00. (I hope.)

2. I would have been more prepared for the birthday party if Thomas' car had not refused to start on Tuesday when he took my car to work.

3. I would also have been more prepared if Logan's school hadn't called me yesterday to tell me she threw up a little in class. (Cancel afternoon plans? Check.)

4. I am too busy hand washing dishes because our dishwasher motor died on Monday. Do you remember how long hand washing dishes takes??? (Oh, yeah. It's been a great week.)

5. I have to take our car in to be looked at because the annoying and embarrassing whine that it used to make only when it started is now happening almost constantly. (I hate vehicle maintenance.)

6. I have to get in a good mood. (...And it might take a while.)

8 comments:

Heather said...

I hope the rest of your day and week go better. I'm sure you can pull the party off without a hitch. Who needs a car or a dishwasher when you are getting ready for a party, right?

Debbie said...

You are having an mechanical nightmare, aren't you? I hope the weekend looks up!

Aubrey said...

So, did T warn you why he awas taking your car when he took it? You think he already knew it wouldn't start and conveniently forgot to warn you? ;) That's when husbands start earning nights up with the new baby. When they're still very brand-new and want more feedings. Start keeping a tally.

Good luck with the dog party. Are you going to blog about it? I'm guessing I'll need ideas soon. I'm surprised my daughter didn't want an animal-themed party this year. She still thinks she's getting a real animal for Christmas. I can't say which because it changes daily.

Jennifer said...

Wow - it sounds like karma to me. I specifically remember dog sitting for you and Thomas, and walking into your house to find poop, pee and puke literally everywhere. It's not that I don't feel bad for you, it's just that I've been there! Oh and by the way, that was the morning after Becky and I got stuck in a snowstorm in Ft. Collins and then when the roads were clear, my car wouldn't start!

Melissa said...

Oh dear. Hang in there. That stinks. No really... it stinks.

Pam said...

I hope next week is full of Fridays and fun for you. It seems like bad luck comes in clusters for some reason....

The Leithead Family said...

Hope everything turned out well, and that you are relaxing now!! I have to tell you that I just now finished making the Snickerdoodle recipe you posted on your blog a long time ago. I love Snickerdoodles, but had never made them before...so when I saw your recipe I decided to try it. They turned out delish!! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa-Marie said...

Sorry about everything except maybe the dishwasher. I don't have one!!!

Seriously, I hope your weekend panned out better and please post about the dog party.

P.S. Peppermint Ice cream!!!!! Yum.