Monday, November 17, 2008

A Doggone Good Time

Here are some of the highlights from Logan's "doggy party." At first I didn't know what to make of that theme, but I think it turned out really cute, and the kids had a great time.

First we made doggy ears and noses:




Then every kiddo personalized his/her very own dog dish. (I had hoped these would dry in time to serve cake and ice cream in them, but it was not to be.)



And of course every doggie needs a collar!


I found these cute dog buttons at Michaels.




Then it was cake time. Due to my lack of preparation, I just had to buy a premade cake at the local grocery store, but I topped it with a cute little stuffed dog to make it special. Cute and super easy!


But the highlight for most of the kids when it came to the cake was that I let them eat it doggy style. No hands or forks!




I didn't have time to get any great pictures of the pinata. I was too busy trying to make sure no one got hit with the bat--myself included! But here it is on the ground. Logan insisted on a cat pinata so the dogs could fight the cat. Hello Kitty was as close as I could find. Luckily Logan thought it was fantastic!



The birthday girl's favorite part? Why, the presents, of course!


The only part of the party I didn't capture on film was the game. What I did was I printed out 20 pictures of different breeds of dogs and hid them all over the house. Then the kids played "dog catcher." After finding all the doggies they then had to match them up to the correct breed name. They had a ball with this! And Logan has been talking dog breeds for the last 2 days: Husky, Collie, Shnauzer--she thinks she knows them all!

All in all I thought it was a success, but mostly I'm just glad it's over! Birthday parties are exhausting, aren't they?

14 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Birthday Parties are exhausting!! What a fun party. You are so creative. It looks like all the kids had fun, and I'm sure Logan will remember it forever. Good job mom!!!!

Lauren said...

Oh my goodness! That is the cutest party I've ever seen! Way to go, Laurel! I might have to steal your idea for Grace next year! :) I cannot wait for Wednesday either! We'll see you at noon at Cafe Rio!! WOO HOO.

Rochelleht said...

Sounds very sexsexful!

You rock. Especially for being a tired, pregnant woman and saving it all until the last minute.

Susan said...

Cute party! I'm glad those days are over for me. Now I just go as a guest to the birthday parties, much less stressful.

The Leithead Family said...

Too cute for words!! Your kids are SOOOOOOO lucky!!

Aubrey said...

What anawesome party--I would never have thought of all that stuff. Thanks for giving out all your ideas, I will be stealing them. Did you try blow-drying the dog dishes to dry them faster?

Lisa-Marie said...

I'm going to start encouraging a doggy party RIGHT NOW! I bet I have can have one of my kids convinced by the summer. All of your ideas were so great! Way to go!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Looks like much fun was had by all. What a clever idea....

Megan B said...

I too am totally copying the dog party for Morgan. Very very cute! Or maybe I will save it for Jackson?? Logan is darling. WOW! Growing up way too fast!

Shana said...

So So cute! You did all those things with little prep? I'd hate to see you in full prep form! :)

XOXO

Madame Queen said...

You are totally planning my kids' next parties. That is awesome. The eating without utensils is BRILLIANT and the dogcatcher game is a really cute idea.

Pam said...

You are a master party planner. I am still laughing over the sexsex word though....

Chrissy said...

Being a dog lover, I would have thoroughly enjoyed this party! Especially the cat pinata ;)

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea. You had such great ideas--I bet the kids had a blast! You are a great party planner:)