Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Two Ugly Words

Potty training.  Those two words absolutely strike fear into my soul.  I hate potty training.  Yes.  I used the word hate, and I meant it.  So what am I doing potty training my 24 month old?  All I can say is:

He started it. 

He did.  He wants to sit on the potty...well, sometimes.  And then he can make pee...most of the time.  And then I went to Costco yesterday and stared at that $40 box of 200 diapers, and I thought, "I can't buy 200 diapers.  I don't think it makes sense."  And so I didn't.  I bought the $30 box of 70 Pull-Ups.  And just so you know I don't know if that makes sense either.

Potty training, in addition to its obvious horrors, is the land of limbo.  Will it work?  When do I start?  Is he ready?  And how many diapers do I need to buy?  What am I doing?

That's the question I ask myself most, and there is no easy answer.  Most of the time I'm just figuring it out as I go.  Except with potty training there is clean up duty.  I hate that.

2 comments:

Katie said...

It is the worst! I am totally dragging my feet this time around. The good news is my boy isn't quite ready yet I don't think.

Good luck!

Shana said...

I HATE that stage SO much. Good luck. I wish I had a full proof method for you, but I don't. When they are ready, they do it. All you can do it try to make it fun and happy for them while they figure it out. (that is so hard to do) UGH!