Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Craving


When I want something sweet this summer, I have been craving Stupid Popcorn.  I didn't give it its name, but it's totally appropriate. It's stupid because it is so good you absolutely can not stop eating it and eventually it will make you say, "Get this stupid popcorn away from me!"

Stupid Popcorn
4 bags popcorn, popped, lightly salted, unbuttered
2 cubes butter
1 1/3 C sugar
1/2 C light Karo syrup

In a saucepan, melt the butter.  Add sugar and Karo syrup.  Bring to boil and cook to softball stage.  While hot, pour over popcorn and stir to coat.

Notes:  Don't overcook the candy.  If you do it will be too hard.  You want it soft and chewy. I usually half this recipe.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Mmm mmmmm good! I love popcorn! Looks great.

Anonymous said...

I love all your posts. I am so glad to have you around again.
As for potty training, good luck. That is always a killer for me too!
Will we be seeing you around this summer?

tawnya said...

We do this except substitute marshmallows (about 10 big ones) for the Karo. Mmmmm.

Rochelleht said...

Well, if it's stupid, then thanks for the warning!! ;-)

I will be here all summer. What are your free days? You are always welcome to stop by. Would love it.

The Lindsey Muir said...

From the sounds of it, what's not to love about Stupid Popcorn?

If you're lookin for a little variety, but the same ooey-goodness, you should try it with peanut butter. As in 1 cup Karo syrup, 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar. It's as delicious as it sounds, provided you like peanut butter.

I'm excited to join you in AZ soon (once you're done with all your adventuring/vacationing and I submit to the life of a student). Until then.