Friday, November 12, 2010

Holiday Progress

So you know when I'm freaking out about how much there is to do for the upcoming holidays, the only thing that can be done is to get started and check some of those items off the list.  That's what I've been doing.  Let me give you one example to illustrate how well it is going.

I ordered my holiday cards from Costco this year.  Homemade was not going to happen.  Something's got to give.  AND our picture does not look holiday-ish at all--I don't care.  Got it done.  So I order them to pick up the next day.  Of course there is no school, but being the unrealistic-optimist that I am, I think I'll kill two birds with one stone and grab a quick Costco lunch and pick up the cards.  Bwahahahahahaha. 

Nothing happens quickly with kids.  Nothing.  Especially when they bring a friend.  And especially when the snowbirds are out in abundance giving you very dirty looks about said kids who have the audacity to dance around, and get excited, and don't look where they're going.  Basically acting like kids.  I guess kids annoy a lot of old people.  Whatever.

So we finally get the lunch, go to get the pictures when Griffin informs me he has to "go."  Number two.  Fantastic.  Did I say we were going to get this done quickly? 

After the bathroom we finally we get through checkout.  The line out the door is forever long.  Baby is now melting down in the cart.  I'm just trying to keep track of the other three, when I look down and see that baby has spilled soda all over the Christmas cards.

Yup.

That's how it's going.

I managed to salvage them, but if you get a card with a little soda stain on the envelope, you'll know the rest of the story.

6 comments:

Ashlee said...

Please send Nora the worst one, and then Megan and I will take stained ones too! We will all appreciate the special touch that sets your card apart from the others!

Rochelleht said...

LOL! That is so typical. I love it. :-)

Ella said...

Send us the card with the soda as we have been and remain where you are! We mothers have to stick together and as always, I appreciate your candid comments on how life really is. It's so nice for me to know other people panic about the holidays and things NEVER go fast in a store with kids, and others sigh when their child pipes up that he/she needs to use the bathroom because it isn't like I didn't tell them to go before we left (and they ignored me by sneaking into the van). I'm just impressed that you've already ordered your cards - you're really ahead in my book!

tawnya said...

Oh, man. I'm so sorry! And what is UP with old people in stores glaring at little kids. I had the grouchiest one at the grocery store the other day...

Hamilton Family said...

All right! Scratch-n-stiff Christmas cards! Yippee, we can't wait to get ours!

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

That is hilarious and soooo normal. I'll take the card and envelope with the most soda on it ;o)