Monday, November 8, 2010

Holiday Hyperventilation

I woke up at 6:15 am on November 1st in a panic.  My eyes flew open before the alarm and my heart was already racing.  I don't know what kind of dreaming was going on, but I was half-way through making my holiday to do list.

The panic has not yet subsided.

There is so much to do at this time of year.  Not only do we have Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, but three birthdays, and--Hey!--let's throw in Veteran's Day!  Why not!  We need one more holiday packed in there.  Between that, Thanksgiving, and professional learning days, my kids don't have a full week of school the entire month.  That's messing with my schedule.

If I think of everything that needs to be accomplished, I start hyperventilating, so I try to limit that to just once a day, just to get the plan in motion.  The rest of the time I am just focusing on the task at hand.

This week?  Finishing Christmas Cards and Mom's exciting but enormous Christmas project.

We can do it.  Right?

3 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Yep! We can. I ordered the Christmas cards last week.

I totally sympathize with the kids being out of school. We are all home today. And Greg was out of town this weekend, so I have serious cabin fever.

Shana said...

I know right!? I thought the same thing the first of November. What!? November already?
Halloween down...Isabella's birthday down...now Thanksgiving and Christmas preparations to go!
We CAN do it!

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

I love the Holidays. That means that I can take time off work and not feel guilty about it because there are already so many days to take off ;o)