Friday, November 26, 2010

Gratitude List 2010

Thanksgiving may be fast becoming one of my favorite holidays.  I love the tradition and simplicity of it: the idea of setting aside a day to recall your blessings.  So here's a partial list this year, in no particular order.

I am grateful for:
1. healthy kiddos, and thus, by correlation, their fingerprints on walls and tables, extra messes, and laundry as well.
2.  an unselfish and thoughtful spouse.
3.  a dog who is super loyal and patient, even though I don't have enough time for her, and I constantly call her a him.
4.  a mother who loves me to the moon and back again.
5.  a curious nature.
6.  good books.
7.  great teachers for my kiddos.
8.  baby talk (from real live babies, never ever from adults).
9.  40 years on this amazing planet.
10.  girl friends who support me and inspire me.
11.  our nation.
12.  our founding fathers.
13.  my ancestors and their many sacrifices.
14.  truth, faith, and everything in between.
15.  my Savior.
16.  a comfortable bed.
17.  saturday morning breakfasts.
18.  Sesame Street.
19.  the moments when my children aren't bickering.
20.  the ease and comfort of living in the 21st century.
21.  siblings who make me laugh.
22.  good neighbors.
23.  blog writers who inspire me.
24.  friends I've never met (that may be YOU).
25.  technology, even though it makes me feel super old.
26.  sunshine.
27.  the Bible and the Book of Mormon.
28.  laughter.
29.  more time to practice being better.
30.  freedom.
31.  education.
32.  compassion.
33.  heavenly guidance.
34.  do-overs.
35.  hugs and kisses from my kiddos.
36.  hugs and kisses from my Mr.
37.  old friends who are still in my life and continue to make it better.
38.  home.

1 comment:

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

Thank you for your list of gratefuls. I too am grateful for many things that sometimes I feel I'm to selfish to list.
I miss your family.