Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Cheese for my Whine

I assume people are getting sick of my whining about morning sickness. I assume as much because I am getting sick of my own whining. Sadly, I think God is sick of it, too, because Saturday I was struck with an illness the likes of which I have not seen for many a year. I think it was His way of saying, "Okay, you big baby. You think you're miserable? I'll show you miserable."

His prescription:
Day One and Two: A throat so sore I avoided talking. (That means it was really sore.)

Day Three and Four: Congestion that caused dry lips from all that mouth breathing and a raw and chapped nose from constant blowing. Body aches and headaches that triggered crazy thoughts about disconnecting some parts of said body. A fever that made my eyeballs feel hot. Chills. And coughing that triggered my gag reflex.

I was pretty sexy as you can imagine.

Day Five: Renewed gratitude for simple nausea. Complete happiness regarding minor things like unencumbered breathing, the physical ability to bathe, dress and do dishes. Joy in going outside, and appreciating the energy to play with my kids. And most importantly: No more whining.

I get it already!

P.S. I have amazing friends who brought me food, Tylenol cold medicine (doctor approved of course), cleaned my house, and let my children come over to play. I would never, ever whine about you! You all are the best!!!

14 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

so sorry you have to go through all this. I hope all goes better soon;) I was sick like that last February, and I cried like a baby. I can't imagine morning sickness on top of it.yuck!

Sher said...

There is nothing worse than being pregnant AND getting sick.
Hopefully you get over it soon, and the morning sickness goes away, too.
Feel better!

Pam said...

That just stinks! Call if you need me to help out at all.

Hamilton Family said...

You have grand authority to whine!!! The thankful part is that you were the only one with it and NOT the whole family! Now, that would be double stinky!!!
Tell Logan: We can't wait to have you visit Alaska! Put a kitty on your Christmas list, sometimes that does the trick! XOXO Aunt Carolee

Aubrey said...

Sheesh, that's like adding insult to injury. How funny to now appreciate simple nausea.

Erin said...

There's nothing like the taste of perception! Sorry it was so bad. It really does get better in the second trimester. Then you just feel like a cow in the third. Just something to look forward to:)

Kyle said...

Being sick and pregnant is the worst...especially when you are still pregnant sick (does that make sense?) Anyway, hopefully you are feeling better!

Melissa said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. And I don't mind if you whine about morning sickness. It stinks!!!!

Casey said...

I'm so sorry that you've been feeling so sick. I do love reading your blog so for the longest time, it has been purely my own self interest that makes me pray that you will get better and start writing again. But now I will just pray that your little miracle will come and stop making you sick. Hope you feel better soon.

Madame Queen said...

Well, I'm sure sorry you had to learn your "lesson" that way! (not that it is a lesson, btw!) I hope you feel better. I've been fighting something the past couple of weeks, so I can feel a small part of your pain!

Deanna said...

I don't think there is ANYTHING worse than being sick and pregnant at the same time. Once again I'm am soooooooo wishing we lived closer and I could be of more help. I'm so glad you have good friends that are there to assist. Feel better soon... and just so you know I don't mind the complaining... it just lets us know you're 'normal'. Take care and feel better soon.

Elisa said...

Hey. Sorry you are sick and prego sick... I hope you get better soon!

Do you still want to do the online bookgroup? I am getting ready to assign months out... shoot me an email either way...

desert mom said...

Hope each day is a better day. We love you and pray for you each day.

Shana said...

YUCKY!!! Like my dad has always told me- Your life could always be worse!
I always hated that phrase growing up, but it has stuck with me through the years.
Now you truly know that it could be worse, and fighting off nausea doesn't seem too bad? God has quite the sense of humor doesn't He?
I will say, being sick, other than pregnancy sick, while being pregnant- IS THE WORST!! So I totally have empathy for you.
When I was about 5 months pregnant with Alyssa, I got some sort of 24 hour stomach virus. I will spare you the gross details since you are prego and all- but I remember throwing up so violently and for so long, that my back felt like it had been hit a million times with a bat. My stomach just cramped and it was not pretty. Of course, being a first time mom, I was SO worried that I had hurt my baby from being so sick all night.
Long story short- every thing turned out fine and after that was over, I was very happen to be getting a big belly, butt, and boobs, because that meant Alyssa was healthy!
I hope you feel better now.

Love you! XOXO