Thursday, February 14, 2008

My One and Only Valentine


When I stumbled into the kitchen this morning to make breakfast for the kids, lo and behold, there was a dozen roses and a valentine waiting for me. But that isn't all. Oh no! Not only had my darling Mr. Wicke thought of me, but there was a flower arrangement for our kids. And then, just to hit the high note, he gave flowers to my mom, too. Isn't that the sweetest? His kindness was one of the first things I noticed about him when we met oh so long ago, and it made me fall in love with him all over again today.

He is really on a roll lately because, while I love the flowers, if I'm going to be honest, what really made my heart flutter was when I brought my mom home from the airport and found that he had hung my valances, put the room back in order, vaccuumed the stairs (which I despise doing), and the entire upstairs.

Is it any wonder he is my one and only valentine?

9 comments:

Laurel said...

What a great husband...I am with you I'd rather have surprise help around the house than flowers. That Mr. Wicke sure is a catch!

Deanna said...

What a wonderful husband...they always say you attract who you are, so that says something for you too. and I totally agree with the whole helping out thing. I don't understand why women get called complicated really we are quite easy to please. A little unsolisited help goes a long way in this house.

Lisa-Marie said...

YEAH for good/great/fabulous/helping/thoughtful husbands. They are the best!!!

Happy LOVE day.

Rochelleht said...

Awe! I love that. Valentine's rock and it's so great to have a hubby who makes it so. I, too, have one of those. I'm with Lisa-Marie. Yea for that!

Madame Queen said...

What a sweetie! Think I could borrow him for some vacuuming just for a couple of hours. And maybe some light dusting?

Melissa said...

That would be a treat to have my hubby vacuum the stairs. Wow! You did good.

Megan B said...

No Surprise he's your Valentines. Good going Mr. Wicke! I miss you and your awesome examples. Have I mentioned at all this month that I miss you?? And P.S. You owe me an email about N.C. baby...what's your take?? Is this the only way I can communicate with you??? That's what your friend Shilo says!

1blueshi1 said...

It's obvious I must speed up my cloning work...the world needs more of this man. These men. This man and his clones!
Happy Valentine's Day! I'm glad you had such a sweet, meaningful (and clean!) holiday.

Shana said...

Yes, real nice guys are hard to find in this world. Lucky for you and I we have found ours.
Mr Wicke has always been good at making the other men in our family look like chumps. I love that he remembered grandma on Valentine's Day. I was watching Oprah Thursday and she said that Valentine's Day isn't just for "lovers in love," but that it can be celebrated by anyone who is loved or loves someone else. She had a granddaughter and grandmother on their, of course husbands and wives, and also a man and his dog believe it or not.
So that Mr Wicke showed love for his mother in law on this special day of "love," proves that Oprah is right again! (too bad my husband dislikes oprah so much, she is kind of smart sometimes.) :)
Anyway, so glad that you get to spend time with your mother for a couple of weeks. There is nothing better. Give her a hug and kiss for me.
Love ya! Shan