Monday, April 13, 2009

An Anniversary


In addition to Easter, this weekend brought another celebration: 16 years of married bliss for Mr. Wicke and me. That's almost sounding like a long time.

Here are some things I know about marriage:

1. It requires you to grow up.
2. It can be the greatest source of joy for a human being.
3. It can be the greatest source of sorrow as well.
4. Love can fade.
5. You can fall in love with your spouse every day.
6. Generally, you get what you give.

Thank you, Mr. Wicke, for growing up with me. Thank you for hanging in there when times were tough. Thank you for all the happiness you have brought to my life, for supporting me, for always being on my side, for seeing the best in me, and most of all for being my friend. I still choose you. I like being "us."

8 comments:

Stacey said...

Great family picture, Laurel! You look amazing! Happy Anniversary!

Stephanie said...

Love this picture! you all look great!

Lisa-Marie said...

You are so wise.

And beautiful! What a gorgeous family photo!

I love your LONG hair. Do you think I will EVER get there?!?!?!?

Shana said...

I love the pics...your family is darling!
16 years!? Really?

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Laurel,
Congrats on 16 years. You both look just as young and vibrant. You have such a beautiful family. I love your 6 things you know about marriage. I totally agree with you.
Have a great day.

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Great reasons - I love the choosing him again everyday.

What a beautiful family!!!

Rochelleht said...

Look how cute you guys are!!! You look so perfect holding that little baby! I'm so very excited for you guys. What a wonderful Easter and 16th anniversary. We're just babies back here with only 13 under our belts. Thanks for the tips. ;-)

Eric Yordy said...

Laurel and Thomas - congrats! 16 years!!! Such a beautiful family!

Dina and I hit 9 tomorrow - remember where you were 9 years ago - at our wedding in LA!! What memories. Thanks for being such a tried and true friend over all these years. Miss you! We need to get together this summer so I can meet the new little Wicke-munchking.

Yordy