Monday, March 16, 2009

Q&A

It looks like I have forgotten to post some very important information. So here are the answers for those with inquiring minds.

1. What were Lincoln's vital stats?
He weighed 8 pounds even, and was 20.5 inches long. (That was big enough, thank you very much!)

2. How long did you push?
Two hours and 10 minutes, but who's counting?

3. What did you eat after?
A 12 inch roast beef Subway sandwich, plain Lays potato chips, and a large diet coke.

4. Would you do it again? (Not the sandwich. The birthing part?)
Absolutely yes, without a doubt.

5. Would you ever consider natural childbirth?
Never, ever. Not in a million years. The epidural is true!

Did I forget anything important?

4 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

oooh. I love the little details. Thanks.

And, now I think I need to eat a roast beef subway sandwich. yum.

Yes, you did leave one thing out....MORE PICTURES of the little man, please.

Shana said...

You know that I am one of those "inquiring minds want to know" kind of people. So thank you for sharing all the little details of your experiance and about your little boy.
How are all of you adjusting? I know it can be overwhelming at times, mainly because you are so tired at first. But I know you are a AMAZING mother and if anyone can do it well, it is you.

PS I LOVE Mr Wicke's post with the video clip of that lady singing the ode to mom's. HILARIOUS! I was laughing so hard.
XOXO

Deanna said...

Oh Laurel... what a terrible time to have my computer crash. I'm glad tha all is well and Little (I use that word lightly) Lincoln is here. You don't look like a women who just endured labor..you look gorgeous as always. Take care and enjoy EVERY moment.Love and miss you sooooooo very much.

"The Queen in Residence" said...

I loved the mankles. I too had them during pregnancy, I called them elephant legs, ginormous from the knee down and to see bones protruding, ankle bones again, it was a shear miracle.

I also hate that nurse that secretly thinks that we all should endure HUGE amounts of pain and go natural. You almost want to find then in the parking lot and run them over for mentioning a 9. That would have been past the window for an epidural. I think I made it to dilation of a 3 on the pitocine and then it was like you said, a never ending wave of pain, no down time till the miracle man arrived.

Fun memories, and what a little blessing to enjoy. I wish I could hold him, I love new babies so much. They smell so wonderful!!!