Thursday, November 17, 2011

Things are a Little Off Kilter...

This is not my house, but it feels like my house.

1.  My daughter was home yesterday after waking us up at 5:30 am with these words:  "I just threw up."

2.  My son is home today.  I have a sneaking suspicion that he is not really that sick...but I can't prove it.

3.  I am in the middle of a giant painting project.  Again.  I know.  Don't say anything.

4.  There are two things that make Mr. Wicke grumpy:  cleaning the garage and painting projects.  I can't explain it, but they do.

5.  My mom is flying in on Sunday.  The house--which currently resembles a nuclear waste dump (see #3) must be back in order by then.

6.  My daughter had to wait for the dryer to finish this morning so that she had something to wear to school.  (Again, see #3.)

7.  I am feeling my age.  My lower back is killing me, and I am sore.  (Stupid #3.)

8.  Having the kids home from school is not helping me accomplish #3.

9.  Quite frankly I'd rather do anything than #3.

10.  Wish me luck.

P.S.  A giant thank you to a wonderful friend who read on Facebook that my daughter was sick and showed up at our door with homemade chicken noodle soup and hot rolls.  She is Wonder Woman and deserves an award.

8 comments:

The Leithead Family said...

I wish you luck in pulling it all together!!! crazy life. :)

Macy said...

Oh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a house that feels like that this week...

Stacey said...

What color is #3?

Laurel said...

Stacey, I'm just continuing the soft tan color that I painted in my living room and kitchen into the loft and new guest room. I'd like to say that will do it, but I still have the foyer and front hallway, but that is going to have to wait until the new year. I am running out of gas!

Laurel said...

Hey, Macy. Glad to hear I'm not alone! :0)

tawnya said...

Yikes! Good luck!

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Oh Dear....good luck with #3! But on a brighter note....your mommy is coming, that will make everything better and worth it!!!!

Alice Childs said...

My House feels like that most of the time....and I don't have the #3 to fall back on! If only I could figure out a way that we could all have socks neatly folded in our drawers rather than having to dig through piles....Good luck getting everything put back together.