Wednesday, July 6, 2011

On the Road Again

photo credit: Dumb.com

We are packed up and hitting the road this morning on our looooong trip to see Grandma in Wyoming.  This time we are making our way through Colorado where we will stop and see my sister, nephews, niece, and great nieces and nephews.  (Yes.  I am a great aunt.)  So tonight we will stay in Sante Fe, maybe seem some cliff dwellings along the way, and take in the local sights (if we can leave early enough in the morning.)

The next day we will make our way to Colorado where we will stay for a few days before driving the 10 remaining hours to Mom's house.  There we will stay for two weeks until Mr. Wicke joins us; then we will drive home through Utah, visiting some friends on our way home. 

Almost 4 weeks of...I'm not sure you can call that vacation...but we're going to try.  I've got the movies loaded up, books on tape, treats, and Dramamine, which should make 24 hours in the car alone with three kids do-able.

Send us positive thoughts.

7 comments:

Stacey said...

Safe travels! We will be there sometime next week. Maybe I will see you? Enjoy your family!

Shana said...

GOOD LUCK on your drive! I wish I were going too. :)

The Leithead Family said...

Ooooh! Have a GREAT time! And enjoy your family! :)

Susan said...

You are a brave woman, traveling with three children that far! Tell Cyndi and Phil hello and have a safe trip. We won't be in Cowley this year for the celebration.

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Have fun....I can't wait to hear all about it!

Anonymous said...

So exciting!! you are coming this way! Things will be great in the car and we will defiantly be seeing you later!

Rochelleht said...

Hope you guys are having fun!! We are here and hope to see you. Just email me your exact itinerary. I'll be in Logan this week, Rigby next.