Thursday, May 20, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday
I awoke suddenly to find my daughter standing next to my bed holding Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.  We only had 3 chapters left, and she couldn't wait.

Yesterday
I let her go to school late so we could finish.

Yesterday
I had lunch with a friend.

Yesterday
I ran errands and picked up supplies to make magnetic paper dolls and a recorder music book.

Yesterday
I forgot it was gymnastics day and was 10 minutes late in picking up the kiddos.  Luckily I got to them before the bus left the school, but just barely.

Yesterday
Griffin told me he got another yellow card.  Then he told me he was just kidding.  I told him that wasn't funny.

Yesterday
My baby had trouble sleeping during the night.

Yesterday
I rocked my baby while the crickets chirped and a cool night breeze blew through the window.

Today
I plan to go to bed early.

4 comments:

Leandra said...

It's probably very wrong of me, but I love the fact that you let her go to school late so that y'all could finish reading that book.

Stacey said...

She will always remember the day you finished the book and let her go to school late! You are making wonderful memories with your kids!

Deanna said...

I love that you let Logan go to school late so you could finish the book. I also Love the picture my mind conjured up of your rocking your sweet baby to sleep "with crickets chirping and a cool breeze blowing"
Thank-you for ever being the example of seizing the moment and creating loving memories with your children.

Rochelleht said...

Yea, pretty much exhausted myself. Can I go nap now?