Friday, April 20, 2007

It's Just our Nature


I am joining all my blogger friends. What a great way to stay connected!

So the most recent is that I'm trying to work out and get in shape. Argggh! I HATE it! I'm tired, sore, my head hurts, and I really want some chocolate. Everyone says that if I exercise long enough I'll get to where I really like it. I'm sure that is not true for me. I am a Libra. Not that I know what that means really, but I read once that we prefer lounging. Now that IS true for me. As soon as I can fit comfortably in my jeans again, I can not promise that I will continue. I'd like to believe I will...but I just don't think it's really my lifestyle. I'd like it to be, just like I'd like to be a morning person...there are just some things that go against my nature.

Hmm...that would be interesting. A list of things that go against my nature. Okay, I'm just making this up. Let's see.
1. Early mornings
2. Life without tv
3. Life without books
4. Bad food
5. Running
6. Not getting anything done
7. Indecisiveness
8. Anything taken too seriously
9. Ignorance
10. Ugly behavior
11. Ugly interiors
12. Ugly clothes

I want to see your lists. That was kind of fun.

Logan just had her first dance recital on Wednesday night. When she was done she got in the car and said, "I'm a talented dancer." I love self-confidence! Today she informed me that she is done taking ballet because she, "...already learned that." After 4 months she can check that off her list. World class ballerina? Check. Moving on! I guess that's just her nature.





As for Griffin, he's just terribly busy getting into trouble. He can't seem to learn the simple rule that if it is not yours don't touch it. He is a whirlwind of busy-ness and active energy. This about sums it up:





But I do have to give him credit. He was a terrific shopping partner yesterday. He even learned to say, "This is sooo cute!" Thomas hopes that is not in his nature.

Thomas is very busy with work and finishing that Ph.D. Yes, he's still working on it. But it should be done this fall...can't wait! It will be a good break for him. I say break because I'm sure he'll find some activity or cause or 4th job to fill his time. It's just his nature. Here are a couple of pictures from his latest project, MVP Gift Bag. This was his first big order, and as you can see it was a family affair. It also took up most of our living room for just a short spell. I didn't like that part much. What can I say: That's just MY nature. (I think I mentioned ugly interiors in the list above.)


After writing the above, it occurs to me that all of us come to the earth with a built in disposition. We spend our time here trying to refine it, but the essence of who we are really are doesn't change drastically, does it? I don't know, but if that is the case then I'm lucky to be surrounded by a family of people whose natures I really get a kick out of.




No comments: